Sitting in your balcony or you garden with a cup of tea, basking in the sun is such a good feeling
in winter. But this can dehydrate your skin and increase tanning. So do not forget to moisturize
your face and body as well as apply a sunscreen liberally on the face, neck, arms and legs before
you indulge in sun basking.
Here are some important skin care tips for you in winter .
- Avoid hot water showers. Over-exposure to hot water can dry your skin even more.
- After bath, apply a moisturising lotion on the entire body on slightly moist skin in order to trap the moisture within the skin
- Avoid alcohol based toners & astringents in winter as they will further dry the skin.
- Avoid licking or pursing your lips. Salivacan increase chapping of lips.
- Use a fragrance freelip balm or ghee to keep your lips hydrated.
- Include flax seeds, almonds, walnuts, salmon, mackerals in your diet. These are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids & will help to keep the skin hydrated.
- Use ghee or cooking oil on your palms before cooking or cutting vegetables to protect your skin from food acids
- Always moisturize your hands after washing them
- A moisturizer should be applied before a sunscreen and after your night serum
- Do not forget to moisturize your neck, arms, legs, hands, feet, chest and back apart from your face
- Coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil can be used as bedtime moisturisers for your body
- Room heaters and air conditioners dehydrate the skin. The key is to moisturize more than once in a day