A. Mesotherapy is a technique of injecting a small amount of a customized mixture of conventional pharmaceutical medications, vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes into the middle layer of skin.
These very small doses of the substances are administered using tiny needles in specific areas, depending on the condition being treated.
On what areas of the body can Mesotherapy be used?
Mesotherapy may be used for
- Body fat reduction,
- Body sculpturing ,
- Facial rejuvenation (mesolift )
- Facial glow (mesoglow)
- Eye fat pads
- Dark circles
- Hair regrowth
- Loose sagging skin on arms , thighs , abdomen
- Double chin
Are there any side effects?
Some patients may feel minimal local pain, a minor burning sensation for a few hours, and temporary bruising.
How many treatments are required before I see results?
It depends on the patient’s body and the extent of the fat/cellulite/skin to be treated.
- Some patients see results after one treatment session while most patients require three to five (3 – 5) treatments to notice results. Often the patient’s clothing will become looser and the patient will appear thinner. Mesotherapy is more about losing inches than losing large amounts of weight. Some patients may require five to fifteen (5 – 15) treatments, and sometimes more.
- Proper dietary lifestyle and nutritional supplementation are essential to achieve the best long-term results
- Maintenance treatments of the face, neck, arms, and hands may be needed two to four (2 – 4) times a year.
Can I go back to work after treatment?
Yes. This office procedure takes less than 30 minutes per session and requires little preparation or recovery time. No heavy bandage is required.
How often can treatments be done?
In general, once every ten to fourteen days
Will the fat that was removed from the treated areas return?
Mesotherapy removes the fat from the fat cell without destroying it. This helps your skin regain its natural appearance.
- If you gain weight after having mesotherapy, the fat will simply return to the treated area.
- Exercise and diet in addition to mesotherapy have shown the best long-term results.
Is mesotherapy different from liposuction?
Yes. Mesotherapy is a non-surgical medical treatment. Mesotherapy removes the fat from the fat cell, where liposuction removes the entire fat cell.
- Liposuction is a surgical procedure that requires anesthesia (local, regional, or general). Mesotherapy does not require anesthesia nor recovery time.
- However, mesotherapy is not a replacement for liposuction. Mesotherapy is applicable for the reduction of small areas of unwanted fat spots, cellulite and skin rejuvenation.
- Mesotherapy is best suited for men and women who are not excessively overweight but, instead, have certain problem areas with stubborn fat that can no longer be reduced by diet and exercise. These patients want liposuction but are hesitant to undergo a surgical procedure.
- The downside with mesotherapy is mainly that the results are gradual when compared with the immediate results that liposuction offers.