- Thinner skin on the lower eyelids, allowing pigment and vessels to be more visible.
- Gravity, which causes under eye skin to move downward, inviting more stretching and thinning. This allows the blood vessels and pigment to become more visible.
- Cumulative sun damage plays a significant role. Sun damage exacerbates these characteristics by increasing skin thinning and melanin content.
- Inflammation, atopic dermatitis.
- Hereditary origins.
- Due to stress or even eye strain.
Dark circles under the eyes give the impression of tiredness all the time. Under eye darkness can be a combination of different factors such as :
Using the combination of arginine and lactic acid peels along with vitamin C serum helps to reduce dark circles in 8-10 sessions done at 2 weekly intervals. The peel is very safe and is an office procedure. There are no tell tale signs and the person can go back to work immediately after the peel.
Alternatively, Fractionated Erbium yag laser known as pixel laser can also be used to treat dark circles and fine lines under the eyes.about 4 treatments are needed once in a month.
Sunken eyes can also create an effect of dark circles due to a shadowing effect.In such cases, a hyaluronic acid filler can be used to fill the hollow under eyes thus getting rid of the shadow and the apparent dark circles.