Do you suffer from dark inner thighs? And don’t know what to do?
Causes of Dark Inner Thighs
The most common cause of dark inner thighs is chafing. When your skin rubs against each other, it can let to post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. This is very common if one is obese or if a person is wearing really tight fitted clothes like tight denims or if a person sit crossed legged for long hours. These all may lead to lot of friction and darkening of the skin.
Certain hormonal imbalances like PCOS, hypothyroidism, diabetes, insulin resistance can also lead to darkening.
There is a condition called acanthosis nigricans which is darkening and thickening of the skin due to insulin resistance.
Fungal infections can lead to darkening.
Excessive dry skin can also lead to darkening.
Treatments for dark inner thights
– Treat / Eliminate the cause
– Avoid wearing tight fitted clothes specially tight denims
– If any hormonal imbalances, get treated
– Skin lightening agents like Arbutin, Kojic acid, Licorice
– Mild chemical peels like Lactic acid, Glycolic acid
– Opt for Q switched Nd Yag or pico Lasers if pigment is resistant to creams and peels
For more tips and facts on skincare and haircare follow us at
Instagram | Youtube | Facebook
Image Source : Freepik.com