Three reasons why Hyaluronic acid can dry your skin
- Hyaluronic acid is a humectant which means it absorbs water from the environment, absorbs water from the deeper layers of the skin and plumps the skin, and hydrates the skin. However, if you apply Hyaluronic acid on an absolutely dry skin surface it only takes moisture from the deeper layers of the skin making the skin dry.
- You must top the Hyaluronic acid serum with a moisturiser to lock the Hyaluronic acid within. if you don’t do that again it dries up your skin.
- If you use a Hyaluronic acid which has a large molecular weight, they does not gets absorbed into the skin leaving the skin dry and dehydrated
How to apply a Hyaluronic acid serum
- Cleanse your skin, pat it leaving it a little damp
- Take about 4-5 drops and dab it on moist skin.
- Then top it with a moisturiser for it to actually act as a right kind of humectant and keep your skin hydrated.
- If you have dry skin and just use a Hyaluronic serum chances are that the dryness may not go.
One ingredient that can be combined with all other active ingredients safely? Yes, It is hyaluronic acid.
- Hyaluronic acid can be combined with AHA / BHA / Retinol / Vitamin C / Niacinamide / Alpha lipoic acid / Azelaic acid / Bakuchiol oil.
For more tips and facts on skincare and haircare follow us at
Instagram | Youtube | Facebook
Image Source : Freepik.com